[pp.int.general] Telecoms package, ACTA and other monsters

aloa5 piratenpartei at t-online.de
Fri Nov 6 14:09:15 CET 2009

Christian Hufgard schrieb:
> Félix Robles wrote:
>> Well, I'm a simple member of the Spanish Pirate Party and we have already
>> stated that we are against on the Swedish Piratepartiet's stand on
>> theTelecoms Package. I'm not representing my whole party now (perhaps,
>> maybe, another person will be designated for that later) but *I personally
>> ask*:
>>
>> Why? *Why did the swedish Piratepartiet agree* with the Telecoms Package
>> when it allows* to cut off internet without the previous authorization of
>> a judge*? Can any swedish member of the Piratpartiet explain it??
>
> The official explanation is, that the EU has not the right to order the
> authorization of a judge...

Hello Christian,

To the problem as such. I wrote it in Christians blog
#125 and #135
http://christianengstrom.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/telecom-package-final-agreed-text

Doing a good job does not mean having no problems at all.

To the final text:
According to an German lawyer "judicial review" is a typical phrase for
reviewing files of the executive and legislative. It would be a pleonasm
if it would mean to review the decision of a judge. So there is no judge
between cut of - only a formular like in Germany if you drove too fast
asking if you are you and if you deny it.

Perhaps some French pirates are on the list and can tell me if this
formular sent with the third letter of the ThreeStrikes-Model would be
the only difference. (I did´t read the final HADOPI-law - shame on me).

Or I understand the law in an incorrect way. :) Would not be worse.

Regards
Otmar