[pp.int.general] Translation of the Pirate Manifesto

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Mon Nov 9 20:41:07 CET 2009

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl> wrote:
>> As far as I know, the manifesto "C" you refer to is pretty much the work
>> of
>> a single man, last year, who qarreled with everybody else. (The same
>> applies
>> for the alternatives A and B).
>
> I was unaware you wrote these. Certainly you are the only person that
> this description even remotely applies to.

I did not write them. of course not - else I would not disagree. It was
written by a fellow Pirate from Spain (should I repeat his name?) yes, I am
aware that we had lengthy debates early this year. That was eventually the
reason that I visited the meeting in Helsinki - and then I discovered that
the *real* PP leadership (falckvinge, Engström) was *totally* unintested in
this "manifesto-mania". And they are right! Absolutely right!

The word "manifesto" alone really is a sign of megalomania. An attempt to
obtain a place in history. The ambition to become the true successor of
George Washington and the other framers of the American Constitution, and
the drafters of the déclaration des droits de l'homme in France. Don't let
me laugh!

Anyone who has an ambition to make a *brillant* contribution should try to
design a brand new copyright. Which fosters both the freedom of information,
and Open Source etc. Try it! It is non-trivial. But I bet that Crhistian and
Amelia are very busy for now just to prevent disasters from happening in
Bxl.

reinier