[pp.int.general] International Pirates Day

I.K. aeroclub.ep at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:36:30 CET 2009

Hi guys, Ilya from PP Russia here.
We have another proposition to make for the PPI, although the idea is so
simple that probably this kind of suggestion had already been made, so sorry
if that is the case.
Anyway, the idea is to organize something like an International Pirates Day,
when the members of all the pirate organizations would go out for some
simultaneous street action.
In the end of summer, we had a similar kind of All-Russian Pirates Day, and
our activists made it out to the streets in several cities across the
country. Granted, in most cases these demonstrations were very small, but
still the concept itself was so interesting that we attracted a lot of media
attention - and I mean A LOT.
So it is very exciting to think about the possible amount of attention and
coverage we can get if we get together for a Worldwide Pirates Day. Even if
in most of the countries the demonstrations may be limited in size, the
combined effect of all of them should attract a lot of attention, shouldn't
it?
Plus, it will be a huge opportunity for all of us to cooperate
internationally without spending any additional money that many of the
parties still lack.
What do you guys think?

Ilya K., Pirate Party Russia