[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Nov 19 17:22:43 CET 2009

    I am trying to remember my source, but I believe that a fully loaded
    40-45ton truck does the same wear damage to the road, as 1,000
    passenger cars. (Using US gallons)we get ~ 25mpg roughly, while a HGV
    here gets maybe 6.5mpg (new frieghtliner cascadia). He uses fuel 5x
    faster than I, but damages 1000x faster.

I would not mind if the state monitored all movements of trucks
belonging to companies that aren't very small, in order
to tax them.  (In fact, the owners already put on GPS devices to
monitor where the trucks go.)

It is surveillance of vehicles used for personal purposes
that we must really fight.