[pp.int.general] The USA to copy French `anti-piracy' laws?

Jerry Weyer jerry.weyer at piratepartei.lu
Wed Nov 25 16:35:47 CET 2009

On 25 nov. 09, at 15:44, Sven Clement wrote:

> Are we sure yet that France's laws are even compatible with recent EU
> legislation?
>
> IMHO this will be decided by the European Courts

The member states still have to implement the directives. 3 Strikes
models are still possible, even without judicial control. Though the
original model of the 3 strikes model in France is dead ("automatic"
shut down of internet after 3 warnings), the member states can still,
in the implementation of the directive, interpret certain aspects to
the way that people all over Europe get their internet access shut
down without the decision of a judge.

That's only one part why it's sad (to say the least) that "our"
representative voted for the package.

Jerry