[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Nov 26 07:23:19 CET 2009

    There is indeed an anonymous option in the present chipcard system. But it
    does not work for people who are entitled for reductions, like owners of
    season-tickets. For instance, I personally bought a card which gives me the
    right to travel on trains with a 40% reduction if I travel after 9.00 in the
    morning(*).

If the goal is to provide price reductions after 9am, there are many
ways to do that, and some are anonymous.  Long-term passes can be
anonymous too.

The crucial thing is not to be so quick to assume defeat.