[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Nov 29 02:16:23 CET 2009

    I like the German system. It allows you to print your (demestic) tickets at
    home. Obviously you should not be able to print tickets for friends who have
    not paid - the germans solved that by linking the ticket to the credit card
    you used for payment. You could someone elses credit card, but then you
    should have it with you if you travel.

This method is the worst I have heard of.  It identifies the
traveller.  It won't even let you buy a ticket for someone else to
travel with.

No thanks.  I will buy a ticket with cash at a train station.

Other systems let you pay and get a code which you use as a ticket.
That identifies who pays -- if she pays by credit card -- but does not
identify the traveller.  It is a little less bad than the German
system.