[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Rackham denis.germain at partipirate.org
Sun Nov 29 11:59:20 CET 2009

Le 28 nov. 09 à 09:46, Reinier Bakels a écrit :

> In Germany, all railway station sell international tickets. Which is
> logical, uni a united Europe. I tried in vain to buy a ticket in
> Strasbourg to the Netherlands. So I had to buy a separate ticket for
> the German part of the itinerary, and again for the Dutch part.
> Buying international tickets in NL is also quite difficult. It is a
> shame. People should travel preferably by train for distances up to
> - say - 500 km (300 miles). It is better for the environment - and
> often it saves time because you avoid the airport hassle.

For France :
- You can buy any ticket from the net, those tickets are linked to an
account on the www.voyages-sncf.com. You can pay with any credit card
be it your own or not. They send the tickets by mail or you can go in
any station to print them thru a credit card recognition procedure OR
a login/pw. The Net is the best (you can spot the idTGV…) but ass
painfully slow…
This system works for "direct" travels only. Though you can put a halt
in the middle by tricking the system as you can set up a mandatory
passage thru one peculiar station.

- You can buy at machines doing basically the same at stations, though
with less options, credit card mandatory. Be it yours or not (the
card), no one can hear you scream.

- There's still people behind a counter in most stations, and you can
buy ANY ticket from them and pay in cash, check or cc. Though in small
stations, you may have to wait for international tickets a few days.
in large ones, check for the "international" counter.

- There a system using a data matrix code sent to your mobile phone,
so not anonymous, that can be used as ticket or you can retrieve a
ticket with it. As i've never used this (my mobile phones have never
been able to do such things ;) i can't tell you much of it, save your
phone number shows in the equation.

- On the multiple tickets issue, tickets are linked to one train, if
you have to change of trains to go from ont A to B, you will have as
many tickets as you travel with as many different trains. And Steve
Reich has nothing to do with it. :))

- Always remember the SNCF worked out its ticket reservation software
from a plane tickets one… it was very bad for quite some time with the
system going down regularly for a year (long years ago). (But they can
sell plane tickets, ferries, rent cars, reserve rooms… and sometimes
sell train tickets)

salutations pirates =F)

Denis
NO DADVSI - NO HADOPI - NO LOPPSI (and ACTA can go to hell if it exists)