[pp.int.general] Brazilian Pirates in 2010 elections

Rodrigo Pereira rodripe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:47:55 CEST 2009

Hello,

Here in Brazil, we heavy discussing the possibility of some pirates
participate in 2010 elections through other political parties. Because of
the intense bureaucracy, we will probably obtain a registration to
participate in elections only in 2014.

The Green Party in Sao Paulo offered posts in his party for some pirates
disputing the next elections. This is an advantage for the Green Party
because it increases the number of votes from young people. But the Green's
program do not cover the Pirate's program and the Pirate's program do not
cover the Green's program.

Some pirates have advocated that this would be a way to gain experience, but
some pirates not advocate this saying that this is not an ethical way to
participate in elections and the greens are "selling posts".

I would like to know yours opinion about this question.

Thank you.

Rodrix.
Brazilian Pirate Party

Partido Pirata - http://www.partidopirata.org