[pp.int.general] favour telecom package articles

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 05:21:24 CEST 2009

Jens! Saviour in the night!

2009/10/5 Jens-Wolfhard Schicke <drahflow at gmx.de>

> Hi,
>
> Amelia Andersdotter wrote:
> > i need a quick favour: any or every article that's been published in
> > your member state this fall?
> >
> > is that even a realistic demand? :(
> "Every" - no...
> "Any" - well...
>
> Quick list of articles I found using google (restricted to Germany,
> restricted to current fall):
>
> http://www.netzpolitik.org/2009/eu-telekom-paket-vorbereitung-fuer-eine-dritte-lesung/
> http://asynchron.net/2009/09/telekom-paket-aktion-farbe-bekennen/
> http://www.netzpolitik.org/2009/petition-fuer-netzneutralitaet-in-der-eu/
>
> http://www.netzpolitik.org/2009/telekom-paket-vier-deutsche-eu-abgeordnete-im-vermittlungsausschuss/
>
> http://www.netzpolitik.org/2009/offener-brief-wir-muessen-netzneutralitaet-in-europa-schuetzen/
>
> http://www.netzpolitik.org/2009/eu-mitmachen-und-die-netzneutralitaet-zu-erhalten/
>
> http://www.netzpolitik.org/2009/netzpolitik-podcast-081-netzneutralitaet-und-netzwerkmanagement/
> http://www.golem.de/showhigh2.php?file=/0809/62222.html
>
> http://berlin.piratenpartei.de/index.php/2009/09/02/es-ist-wichtig-die-netzneutralitaet-zu-erhalten/
>
> Hope this helps.

It helps a bunch, thank you :)

> Do you require translations of any of those?

So what I think I'm looking for here is whether or not German newspaper have
a primarily German perspective on the Telecoms package. When I look at
Swedish media, I can see a clear bias for regulations that may work on the
Swedish market but that I judge to be inherently harmful for the European
market.

Basically:
what is the competition situation like on the German telecoms market, and
how does this relate to the Telecoms debate?

I think.

I've argued recently that Swedish conservatives believe competition is a
good solution for the net neutrality issue (instead of hard law) which i can
see as being reasonably feasible provided you have a good, competetive
market to begin with. However, Spanish Telefonica is a perfect example of
dysfunctional competition on the telecoms market, which means Swedish
debaters are actually unknowledgeable and unable to globalise their thinking
for all their fancy talking about european integration. what is worse is,
bad business practises from other parts of europe may also sneak in through
the "back door" if we don't create a strong user-friendly regulation on EU
level.

Catch what I' getting at?

--
Amelia Andersdotter