[pp.int.general] Some parting thoughts

Jeremy Morton admin at game-point.net
Tue Oct 20 10:34:04 CEST 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 05:05:33 +0200, Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> * There is no conclusive proof that filesharing consistently reduces
> revenue, especially if we focus on the income of artists (writers,
> musicians etc.) and not on the profits of the middlemen (like labels).
> These middlemen have accumulated huge power based on the technologies of
> the mid-20th century, but now there are alternatives available which
> benefit both consumers and artists, and it should not be a task of the
> legislators to protect the middlemen's antiquated business models.

I wonder whether we shouldn't be asking the question as to whether these
rich bands and Hollywood stars really deserve all the personal fortunes
they get.  Even if they do suffer a drop in revenue, is it really a problem
for George Clooney 'only' to have $500k, instead of $10000000s?

Best regards,
Jeremy Morton (Jez)