[pp.int.general] Some parting thoughts

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Oct 21 06:58:09 CEST 2009

    That one is simple. I think Rick summed it up best when we did the EU
    consultation on Levies a year or two back, with the question "Who gets
    compensated for what, by whom, and on what basis".

The term "compensation" is appropriate for paying someone to do a job,
That does not fit the situation of playing a copy of a published work.
Internet users do not owe any "compensation" to artists.

The valid goal is "to support artists and thus support art".