[pp.int.general] Some parting thoughts

Eric Priezkalns eric.priezkalns at pirateparty.org.uk
Wed Oct 21 12:47:30 CEST 2009

The legal status of a political party depends on which country it is
in, and hence which laws it must conform to.  In answer to the simple
question "can a party do things that are illegal?" the answer is
"yes", and what is illegal depends on the laws of the country where
the party exists.  In some countries, all political parties are
illegal.  In others, all but one.  In most democracies, political
parties still need to obey the law and if not, the party can be
punished as well as its members.  Don't confuse morality with legality
- laws are laws even if they are morally wrong.

Eric