[pp.int.general] Some parting thoughts

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 18:18:34 CEST 2009

2009/10/23 Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl>:

> I don't think we can dispense of the last category. The model I would prefer
> is to pay them as employees.

Employees of whom? The state?

> If they prefer to work on a freelance basis,
> pay them for each unit of text they produce (word, page, etc.). But do it
> *once*, commensurate with the effort, e.g. based on (an estimate of) the
> time actually spent in writing.

It's the quality of the output that counts, not how much effort went into it.

> [...] If sales are
> disappointing, they should not suffer, and if sales are high, they should
> not become outrageously rich - like BIll Gates.

If a work is enjoyed by more people then presumably it has given
greater value to society than a work that's enjoyed by only a few
people. Therefore it seems reasonable that the person who produced the
work be more highly rewarded.

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at googlemail.com>
Campaigns Officer / Press Officer, Pirate Party UK