[pp.int.general] The end of anonymity on the net in Europe? Electronic Citizen Card (ECC)

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:47:55 CET 2009

2009/10/26 Signe Somdalen <lokis.munin at googlemail.com>

> Big brother is watching you...
> I hope that we can stop the implementation...

We might be able to :)

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/oeil/

is the europarl legislative observatory. i ran a check for all open dossiers
with the word "electronic" in them and found a couple that might be of
interest. i haven't read them so i wont include the direct links here: you
can do you own search by going to "procedures" and "word>title"

chances are the dossier will already be on the tratten at
googlegroups.com"watchlist" and be listed here:
http://euwiki.org/Tratten/oeil/Candidates_for_monitoring

you can use the wiki to take notes on specific dossiers and work out which
pay the PP should be pushing in parliament (form a working group!).

i couldn't find any current proposal or document discussing a "unified"
identification scheme, so maybe it's only just in a preparatory phase in the
Commission. there are however proposals for targetted improved
identification as regards bank services and electronic commerce that might
be worth working on.

Amelia Andersdotter
Kommunikationansvarig UPF
Lissabon-MEP