[pp.int.general] The Pirate Bay and the Pirate Party

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 22:47:43 CET 2009

2009/10/26 Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>:

> TBP is but one example of where I think this approach has merit. What
> about YouTube, where they do try to yank content at a copyright-holder's
> request? It makes me seethe to think that music videos made in the very
> early days of MTV are still in copyright; they were made purely as a
> promotional vehicle for the music, and are a part of our cultural
> heritage. YouTube could be directing people who upload copies from their
> dusty old VHS tapes, and then see them taken down, to PP.

They could, but would they want to? I doubt if Google would want to
associate themselves too closely to us, at least at this stage in the
game (in a few years, if we're big and important, it might be a
different story).

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at googlemail.com>
Campaigns Officer / Press Officer, Pirate Party UK