[pp.int.general] The Pirate Bay and the Pirate Party

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Oct 27 00:47:27 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 21:55 +0000, Philip Hunt wrote:
> 2009/10/26 Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>:

> But of course, there's much more to what we stand for than that. So
> maybe we could say something like:
>
> "The Pirate Party wants non-commercial filesharing to be legal. But
> that's not all we stand for! We also support ...etc, etc"

I'd set out to simplify that even more in terms of language, and throw
in an example...

"The Pirate Party wants sharing your music and videos with friends to be
as simple, and legal, as giving them a tape or CD of your favourite
songs."

A second point that springs to mind is opposition to DVD region
encoding.

"The Pirate Party wants it to be illegal to make and sell a DVD that you
could buy on holiday and be unable to watch when you get home."

I don't know how you deal with the threat of locking down the newer
hi-def formats so they'll only work at full resolution with "approved"
display devices, perhaps:

"The Pirate Party wants it to be illegal to prevent you watching Blu-Ray
disks on any computer at the highest quality the computer is capable
of."

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil