[pp.int.general] Environmentalists and pirates, free information perspective

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:25:54 CET 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Philip Hunt <cabalamat at googlemail.com>wrote:

> The think to do is generate electricity without incurring carbon
> emissions, e.g. using nuclear, solar, tidal, hydroelectric, wind, etc.

Nuclear energy, as of now, generates nuclear radioactive waste, which lats
thousands of years, so it's not a good alternative. Also, in order to create
solar panels, you have to pollute several liters of water. In my opinion,
radioactive waste is worse than carbon emmisions, and carbon emmisions are
worse than polluting water. Anyway, I think the way to go is investigating
solar panels that do not pollute the water.

Also, I think RMS is pointing at the right directiont: Environment shouln't
be an issue of the Pirate Parties.