[pp.int.general] Environmentalists and pirates, free information perspective

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Oct 28 16:31:58 CET 2009

    The risks are generally over-exaggerated by many. We naturally grew up
    in a radioactive environment. In fact, there's strong evidence that
    it's due to radioactivity that life actually evolved (through
    encouraging genetic mutation)

    Look at Chernobyl, right now, the area around it has life, it's not a
    luna-esque landscape. In fact, it was designated a wildlife sanctuary
    in 2000.

To sterilize an area of wildlife takes a lot of radioactivity.  A much
smaller amount can cause substantial sickness among people.  I am sure
you know that.  Presenting such weak arguments is a sign that you're
not thinking it through.

To see how radioactive materials can affect human life, look at
Falluja.  I read recently that 3/4 of the babies born there are
deformed, and the main candidate for the cause is U-238 released by US
munitions.

http://www.thiscantbehappening.net/?q=node/400