[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:42:29 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Christian Hufgard
<pp at christian-hufgard.de> wrote:
>> Well, I have bad news for you, because not only I think it's fair to allow
>> people to share culture if it's non profit, but, because of technological
>> advances made more than 10 years ago, there's only two ways to stop it:
>> 1) Shut down the whole internet
>> 2) Forbid or limit the transmission of encrypted  data.
>>
>> What option do you prefer?
>
> What do you think, why I joined the pirate party? Because of to much spare
> time? I know, that its technically impossible to prevent copies of data.
> (According to Peter Jenner who did analyse some figures, 80% are shared
> offline...)
>
> But I also want peoples to support free artists who unterstood that
> problem, instead of giving lawyers even more reasons to pay politicans to
> enforce something, that cannot be enforced.

Hello,

I've said this before and it seems that I need to say it again: In
Spain you're legally allowed to download music. It's our right to do
so. And yes, if you record your music in a studio it can be costly,
but that doesn't change the fact. And I also think that if artists
don't want their music to be shared, they shouldn't put it in the
tubes. Music existed before the industry and it will exist after it.
Their failed business model is not my problem. They should adapt to
the new technologies. Ice sellers could have protested all they wanted
when refrigerators started to appear.

Regards,
   Eduardo Robles Elvira (Spain, PIRATA)