[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Thu Oct 29 13:01:08 CET 2009

> Which would be why I said "If you were self employed". You're comparing
> artists to wage earners, employees of the record companies. Do you think
> that's how they like to view themselves when they sign a record deal - as
> an employee of the record company?

It doesn't matter what they want - they are employees. They sold their
future work to the company.

> Being an employee of the record company would restrict their creativity
> and freedom, would it not?

That's exactly they way it works.

> I would therefore argue that being an employee of a company generally
> allows one less freedom and creativity than being one's own boss. Thus,
> the current music industry is run back-to-front, with record companies in
> control where artists ought to be, and creativity and freedom is duly
> reduced in the industry.

And because of that, you just copy music illegal? Because you do not like
the way commercial music is sold? Listen to free music wouldn't be an
alternative?

> And if you don't believe me, look how long the sodding Black Eyed Peas
> were number one in the USA.

Mh?

Christian