[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Thu Oct 29 15:16:42 CET 2009

Richard Stallman wrote:
>>     Of course not. Everbody should be paied work his work. So if you
>>     download a mp3 you shouldn't forget, there there are lot more people
>>     involved, than just the artists.
>>
> If you engage someone to do work for you, and agree to pay him for it,
> then if he does the work, you owe him the money.  This is the sense
> in which people "should be paid" for their work.
>
> The record companies want people to stretch this to totally different
> situations.  They want us to believe that if you listen to a piece of
> music then you owe money to the record company.  That is what we need
> to fight against.

Replace "record company" with "artist" and you're getting closer. Of
course the record company is involved in the deal. But you won't solve the
problem, if you destroy all record companies. There'd still be the artist
that do not want you to listen their music without having paied (either
direct or indirect).

And of course those artists, who give their music away free.

Christian