[pp.int.general] A PPI feature story on French/German TV

pers pers at partipirate.org
Fri Sep 11 23:08:33 CEST 2009

Hi everybody (EU pirates mostly),

As some of you already know, a TV crew is making a feature story about
the Pirate Party, for French/German 'arte' TV (it is a very
interesting culture-oriented channel, and their producers also run the
CC-licensed arteradio.com ).

We received a mail from them, and I thought that could be interesting
to you guys as well:

"I would like to show the European movement of the Pirates.  Therefore
I had the idea to ask several Pirate Party members all over Europe, if
it is possible to shoot a short video of you and some pirates in front
of a sight (building, church etc) which is well-known for your country
with flags or anything else that shows that you are Pirates.
What do you think. Could that be possible and interesting for you? The
quality of the short video must not be high-definition (but mobile
phone is too low)."

Since similar ideas have already been discussed right here in the
past, I figured that would give us a chance to revive the discussion
:-)

Not only would the images be part of the documentary film, but they
could also provide ourselves with good advertisment material.

Cheers,
Valentin

BTW: one of our members in Strasbourg suggested that we could take a
few shots in front of arte's headquarters; if German pirates are
interested as well he'll be happy to meet with you guys ;-)