[pp.int.general] freedom not fear demonstration – police violence in Berlin /Germany

np np at planetarc.de
Mon Sep 14 21:33:20 CEST 2009

gnarf at rbcmail.ru wrote:
> hi,
>
> here is a short overview what happend yesterday in berlin during the fnf
> demo:
As sad and as reprehensible this act of violence has been, I must say
that for most of the time the police was in "easy going" mood. The
demonstration itself has been a huge success. For the civil rights guys
as well as for the german pirate party. Press coverage has been
excellent as well.

For your amusement here is a selection of pictures from the demo:

http://knittinganarchist.de/pix/ontour/fsa09/fsa4.jpg
http://knittinganarchist.de/pix/ontour/fsa09/fsa3.jpg
http://knittinganarchist.de/pix/ontour/fsa09/fsa5.jpg

(Just in case: the orange flags are ours). During the demo you could see
flags, t-shirts and pirates towards the horizon.  And not only members
carried a flag and wore "that T-Shirt" Fellow-travelers and voters
carried them as well.

The pirates even came with a friggin 25m love-parade truck and blasted
away our capital city with a nice mix of techno-beats:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cluasYR8sXU/Sqw9z-IF4vI/AAAAAAAAAPE/sgW3ViD_MAA/s720/P1060336.JPG

It was epic!

Cheers,
  Nils Pipenbrinck