[pp.int.general] Greens saying Pirate Parties unnecessary

jamie king jamie at jamie.com
Tue Sep 15 14:07:46 CEST 2009

I wouldn't say it's just propaganda. The uk Greens showed 'STEAL THIS
FILM II' at their conference last year -- so I guess even before
Pirate Party looked more viable, they were thinking about these
issues. Just saying.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Eric Priezkalns
<eric.priezkalns at pirateparty.org.uk> wrote:
> This is a snip from an interview with the leader of the Greens in Canada,
> Elizabeth May.  The full interview is
> here: http://www.p2pnet.net/story/28206
> "p2pnet: What do you think of Pirate Parties and the fact it looks as though
> Canada and soon join other countries in having one of its own?
> May: Did you notice that the Pirate Party in the EU Parliament has joined
> the Green Caucus?  We don’t need a pirate party in Canada. The greens are
> championing those issues. We shouldn’t further fracture the efforts of
> Canadians who want to restore real democracy, including in undemocratic
> copyright rules."
> Elizabeth May has previously said similar things in an attempt to undermine
> the Pirate Party of Canada.  We've got 'Green Pirates' trying to win new
> votes for the Green party in mainland Europe.  In the UK, similar things are
> starting to happen, with the Green Party attempting to undermine Pirate
> Party support because they see it as a threat.
> Who is taking the lead to counter Green Party propaganda, publicly saying
> there is a need for a separate Pirate Party movement?  If it is not
> coordinated internationally, than national parties will have no choice but
> to fight back individually to stop votes, members and support being lost to
> the Green Party.
> Best regards,
> Eric
>
> Eric Priezkalns
> Treasurer
> Pirate Party UK
> +44 7958 467273
> treasurer at pirateparty.org.uk
> http://pirateparty.org.uk

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
location BERLIN

CURRENTLY WORKING ON: VODO.NET, DARKFIBRE.IN, FRINGY.NET

twitter: #dark_fibre #vodo #fringy
phone                   (for voice calls please consider any time difference)

Local landline: + 49 30 657 99496
UK: + 44 20 8133 7673
chat

jabber -- jamie_k at bootlab.org / skype -- jamie_jk / msn -- jjr_king