[pp.int.general] DDoS Attacks on Pirate Party Websites.

Per von Zweigbergk per.von.zweigbergk at piratpartiet.se
Tue Sep 15 20:19:06 CEST 2009

15 sep 2009 kl. 19.47 skrev coretx:

> Many Pirate Party Websites are receiving DDOS attacks.

The Swedish Pirate Party is not currently under attack, and has not
been under attack in any perceptible way for the last month. (I just
checked the traffic graphs for a month going back, we've rarely got
more than a few 100 kbit/s of inbound traffic.)

However, we've had some downtime today because of technical issues -
not because of a DOS attack. It's possible somebody saw that our site
was down while their site was being DoSed and jumped to conclusions.

To me it sounds strange if a coordinated attack on international
Pirate Party systems would happen and omit the Swedish Pirate Party -
we are after all a very high profile target in terms of Pirate
Parties, since we have had electoral successes and have a member of
the European Parliament.

> Please send you system logs. Possible sources of the attack etc.
> towards laurent.lebesnerais at pp-international.net

I'm sorry, the Swedish Pirate Party can not send system logs to third
parties because of privacy concerns.

--
Per von Zweigbergk
Swedish Pirate Party Technical Operations Group