[pp.int.general] Danish Pirateparti - Update:)

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Tue Sep 15 20:54:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

Just to be quite precise about this, and give you inspiration for how
you can persuade your authorities:

The law in Denmark still requires a real written signature on a paper
form. We cannot change that. But we can make the form available to the
public by putting it on our web site as a PDF, so people can download
and print it.

But when the form has been signed it can be returned to the party
electronically.

We asked our authorities three questions in the right order:
1) But is it allowed for people the send the signed form by fax. The
answer was "yes".
2) But if faxing is allowed, would there be any problems if people
without a fax scanned the signed form and sent it to us by mail. The
answer was "no problem, if the form is still clearly readable".
3) Many people have neither fax nor scanner but they have good digital
cameras. Would there be any problem with people photographing the signed
form and sending it to us in a mail? Again the answer was "no problem,
if the form is still clearly readable".

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.