[pp.int.general] Coreteam reports 29.8.09 and 3.9.09
Patrick Maechler v/o Valio
pirate at valio.ch
Wed Sep 16 00:41:12 CEST 2009
Below you'll find the summarized report about a coreteam meeting in
Munich on 29th of August as well as a report about the IRC meeting on
3rd September. The reports about our IRC meetings on 7th August as
well as for 17th August, will be published within the next days. I'd
like to excuse the exteme latency here that was partly caused by a
press conference in Germany that occupied half of our team.
with pirately greetings
Samir Allioui & Patrick Maechler
Courtesy of Ralph Hinterleitner, because of his preliminary works.
During the third Bavarian ( Germany ) piratenpartei congress on August
29th in Munich,
four out of six members of the PPI coreteam met with delegated pirates
Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
The Prime objectives were to reach a consensus on the most urgent
to gain a agenda for the PPI coreteam in a face to face meeting.
During the followup PPI meeting at Thursday the third of September all
was made official by voting.
ORIGINAL PPI CORETEAM MEMBERS ? ALPHABETICAL ORDER.
Patrick Maechler PPI Co-President - Patrick.Maechler at pp-international.net
Samir Allioui PPI Co-President - Samir.Allioui at pp-international.net
Ralph Hinterleitner PPI Coreteam -
Ralph.Hinterleitner at pp-international.net
Thilo Schumann PPI Coreteam - Thilo.Schumann at pp-international.net
Advisory Attendee?s at the Munich PPI talks:
* Denis Simonet PP-CH Chairman - Denis.Simonet at piraten-partei.ch
* Moira Bruelisauer PP-CH Actuary - Moira.Bruelisauer at piraten-partei.ch
* Harald Haas PP-AT Chairman - Harald.Haas at piratenpartei.at
* Max Lalouschek PP-AT Treasurer - Max.Lalouschek at piratenpartei.at
* Matthias Weiler PP-AT Board - Matthias.Weiler at piratenpartei.at
THREE-PHASE ROADMAP OF THE PPI CORETEAM
The PPI needs to gain moral authority as soon as possible. Hence,
we will organize an international conference where an accredited
team will be voted.
This will improve to synergize the pirate movement.
To achieve this goal we need small and efficient taskforces,
composed of pirates from different nations. Every position within
the coreteam and the adjacent task forces must be redundant.
1.1. Establish a translation team
Tasks of the translation team:
* generate and gather publications
* create translations
* distribution of translations
* several captain obvious tasks
* Enrique Errea (aka ninHer), from PP-ES
will lead this team with a Brazilian Pirate
1.2. Establish an infrastructure team
Tasks of the infrastructure team:
* Manage and maintain technical resources
* Develop, maintain and distribute templates such as:
* PID (Pirate identity, pirate corporate design)
* Drupal themes
* several captain obvious tasks
* Provide services for new found parties.
1.3. Arrange PPI conference in Brussels as soon as possible
* The Dutch & Flemish pirate party will create a framework for this.
BODY OF THE PIRATE PARTY INTERNATIONAL
The PPI needs a body in form of a foundation in Brussels. (maybe with
backup on the Seychelles or another ?Free? country(s). )
* European foundations are recognized by all EU nations.
* foundations can be subsidized
* foundations don't underlie the same restrictions as associations
* the PPI gains credibility with a headquarter in Brussels
* C. Engstroem might need the PPI in Brussels as it's simplifies the
cooperation with the EP and it can help lobbying.
"Turning down lobbyist requests takes a half time job"
* it only takes a PO-BOX Address and 50 Euro to found it in Belgium
The PPI will establish a foundation in Brussels
PP-NL and PP-BE will also include PPI into their statutes.
Some parties already did so.
AD INTERIM ELECTORAL SYSTEM WITHIN THE CORETEAM
* The coreteam is responsible for decisions about the "big picture"
* Every pirate member can make proposals
* Proposals are prioritized on urgency, not on importance
* Voting choices include "YES", "NO" and "ABSTAINED"
* Each proposal must be answered within a specified time frame
* A proposition needs an absolute 2/3 majority in order to get
passed within the coreteam.
* If a ballot fails (e.g. because less than 2/3 of the coreteam members
voted), the two co-presidents can decide unanimously on propositions
* This is an interim solution
LATEST PPI CORETEAM DECISSONS
Samir Allioui proposed Niccolas Sahlqvist ( PPSE ) for a PPI Treasurer.
> The board has voted negative.
Patrick Maechler proposed info at ppi-international.net
for the inquiry/ticketing system.
> The system is currently being setup.
Patrick Maechler proposed a coreteam specific mailing list.
> It will be setup before September 10, 2009.
Samir Allioui proposed investigation and ( Non authorative ) mediation
on the hostile United States Pirate Party Fork.
> The board voted negative.
Samir Allioui proposed setting up a infrastructure team to be a
#1 priority for the PPI coreteam.
> The board has voted positive.
Samir Allioui proposed to let Frank/Aim setup CRM systems etc.
under the boards supervision, while we search for a
infrastructure team leader.
> The board has voted negative.
Samir Allioui has confronted "DavidXanatos" with filed complaints
about his fake name.
As a result of this, Samir Allioui removed "DavidXanatos" from the
board, after anonymous consultation among the rest of the board.
This, because of "DavidXanatos" not being willing to disclose his real name.
Board members will allow people to work anonymously for PPI sub-teams,
but not as a official.
CURRENT FORMATION OF THE PPI CORETEAM
Patrick Maechler PPI Co-President
Samir Allioui PPI Co-President
Enrique Errea Gutierrez PPI Coreteam - Chief Communication Officer
Laurent Le Besnerais PPI Coreteam - Chief Technology Officer
Ralph Hinterleitner PPI Coreteam - Chief Administrative Officer
Thilo Schumann PPI Coreteam - Board member
During the past week we have received loads of feedback.
Propositions, advice, constructive criticism and offerings.
We appreciate this, but are forced to ask you to be patient.
Setting up a formal, and "real" organization takes time.
If patience is not your cup of thee. Then just do it, and we'll see
how we will put things in place.
A Thank You Note In No Particular Order.
* The Bavarian party board for inviting us to their congress
* Leo for providing the co-presidents with a sleeping place on Saturday night
* The pirates of Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia for their
money collection to cover our travel expenses
* The Swiss and Austrian board for joining in the discussion
* And all others that helped us out, but is not listed here.
The PPI CoreTeam, September 2009.
More information about the pp.international.general