[pp.int.general] Coreteam reports 29.8.09 and 3.9.09

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 03:41:22 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Ole Husgaard <pirat at sparre.dk> wrote:

> An official was expelled because of refusing to reveal his real
> identity. Unfortunate that it is not possible to remain anonymous at any
> position, but I also think that you cannot get the trust needed for an
> official position unless you have revealed your true identity to so many
> people that being anonymous no longer is possible.

Part of what we strive for is transparency in governmental dealings.
This should extend to political parties in general. If you can't even
be transparant enough to reveal your name when on a party board, then
you're unlikely to work for it. There is a clear line, privacy for
people, up until they run for office, either elected office, or office
of a group running for elected office. At which point, you have
decided to lose some of your privacy, for transparancy. You can't have
it both ways, but that point, and that switch over is something YOU
decide, yourself, and is not imposed elsewhere. Thus I feel it's a
good compromise.

Andrew