[pp.int.general] UK "consultation on Legislation to Address illicit P2P File-Sharing."

Andrew Robinson a.robinson at pirateparty.org.uk
Sun Sep 27 21:03:47 CEST 2009

PP UK have been asking our members to reply to the consultation since
the party was officially announced, since it would be very useful
politically to have a majority of replies to the consultation that are
broadly in line with our opinions, rather than the heavy industry bias
seen in previous consultations.

I have been in touch with the civil servants running the consultation,
and they advised that if we used a standard from reply, or if we sent
in many very similar replies, they would probably be considered to be
counted only once. Therefore have encouraged people to write
individual responses, the official PPUK response will be sent in as
near the end of the consultation as possible. This also ensures that
we are able to say the official response has more backers, as our
membership figures are much better now than when the consultation
began.

- Andrew Robinson, Pirate Party UK