[pp.int.general] Elections for the Bundestag in Germany: 2.0% / 842246 votes

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Wed Sep 30 22:39:53 CEST 2009

polemon skrev:
> But in the bright side: We got 2.0% of the vote, 842246 people voted for the German Pirate Party, making it the 6th largest political party in Germany based on votes! (CDU and CSU is running together for the elections as "CDU/CSU Union", making it one party, effectively)

2 percent is really important for Denmark, as this is the limit to get
into parliament here. I already used this in an interview to counter
some "expert" who said we could not get the votes. Your election result
is going to help us a lot in Denmark because of this.

And it is a big step forward from the 0.9 percent you got in the
elections for the EU-Parliament. This can be used to counter critical
voices in both Denmark and Sweden who say we may get better votes in Eu
elections than in national elections.

Congratulations with the result.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.