[pp.int.general] Rick is in your Jailz, stealing your MP4s

W Tovey will.tovey at pp-international.net
Wed Apr 7 13:49:04 CEST 2010

Unfortunately the person didn't commit libel (or technically slander) as
he was speaking in the UK Parliament where those laws don't apply. As
for being untrustworthy, I'm not sure many people still think
politicians are trustworthy over here - not after various scandals over
the last year (including some being prosecuted).

Anyway, that comment is a good idea of what we are working against in
the UK. As it was, less than 5% of the MPs bothered to turn up for the
debate and it looks like the law will be forced through later this
evening. More details -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7562734/MPs-criticised-for-poor-turnout-at-Digital-Economy-Bill-debate.html

-Will Tovey