[pp.int.general] trademarks

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sun Apr 11 09:34:15 CEST 2010

Reinier Bakels wrote:
> The protection of the ROLEX name serves a purpose, even for consumers,
> because you may be cheated. When I bought my ROLEX in BKK for 10 euro,
> it was an honest transaction. But a dishonest vendor could have sold it
> to me for 1000 euro.

Well, if you buy a ROLEX on the street for 1.000 euros, someone might
name it your fault... But if you receive a watch worth it's price, I
can't see any problem.

Trademarks do not prevent you from being betrayed. This is exactly the
same as that copyright does not make artists rich and famous. :)

Christian