[pp.int.general] A major French exhibition censored by IP office

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 03:27:56 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:
> Can there be protests at the exhibit saying that it lying
> and it is propaganda?

We're looking into that. Ideally, this should have been done the same
day the exhibition opened, but as I said they (understandably) waited
until the very last moment to announce that the contribution had been
censored.

> It would be good to have people there as many days as possible
> handing out papers to people visiting the exhibit.
> How long will it be open?

For almost a whole year. As you may be aware of, gathering Free
software advocates anywhere else than in front of their computer is
hardly an easy thing, let alone a whole crowd on the street :-)

Anyway, I'm confident this will not go unaddressed. Online media are
already talking about it[1]; little should be needed for this to go
mainstream (BTW: this could be a story for the Guardian, don't you
think?).

[1] http://www.rue89.com/2010/04/21/le-logiciel-libre-indesirable-dans-lexposition-contrefacon-148412

Cheers,
Valentin