[pp.int.general] 23 April: UNESCO launches Anti-Piracy Observatory to celebrate World Book and Copyright Day :(

Jurgen Rateau aka JaRrr jarrr at pirateparty.be
Sun Apr 25 09:50:51 CEST 2010

Anyone who has more information regarding Ms. Petya Totcharova
background ? Seems she's based in Paris and I found a few hints which
might suggest she's a liberal but what's her C.V. ? Whe does she comes
from? What did she do an who did she work for before working at UNESCO?

I found an other rather interesting document which can be found on
http://www.accu.or.jp/appreb/10copyr/pdf_ws0503/2_2_totcharova.pdf

This document says Ms. Totcharova works as a Legal Advisor for the
Cultural Enterprise and Copyright Section, Division of Arts and
Cultural Enterprise.
In the document we find the traditional partners for this type of
projects : IFPI, MPA, IPR Group of WCO, CISAC, BSA, etc.

For a free market to exist it needs a market society. This is a
problem when it comes to developping countries so they have to be
"educated" into accepting that all of their creativity has to be sold
or not exist at all.
The document says UNESCO created The Global Alliance for Cultural
Diversity in 2002 together with "stategical partners". We now see what
their idea of protecting cultural diversity is. Copyright, media
corporations and monopolies. Corporations in a globalazed world will
only support and distribute creations which have the biggest potential
to generate massive sales. Those are also the only creations they will
market.

With this UNESCO becomes a mere tool serving those corporations and
is, in reality, pushing forward the worldwide destruction of cultural
diversity. Endeavour the Coca Cola civilisation.

<http://www.unesco.org/new/en/media-services/single-view/news/23_april_unesco_launches_anti_piracy_observatory_to_celebrate_world_book_and_copyright_day/back/18256/>.

http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php-URL_ID=39510&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php-URL_ID=39055&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php-URL_ID=40734&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html