[pp.int.general] Support for Julian Assange and Wikileaks

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:51:53 CET 2010

Ahoi Kenneth,

> Do you believe in government's transparency?
I believe that transparency should be created on the level of
procedures, not necessarily individuals. A politician is a human being
and has the right to make phone calls which are not recorded, write
letters which are not opened, and talk to people without being listened
to the same way every citizen should have.

> When did wikileaks leaked anything related to somebody's privacy?
Releasing the British Nationalist Party membership lists (with all
personal information) on the web? Publishing Sarah Palin's private
e-mails? (Yes, I myself find both Nationalists and Palin terrible, but
the cornerstone of rule of law is that everybody is granted the same
legal protection).

> Man, you are against the Free Software Foundation and against
> wikileaks....
Just exercising my right to the freedom of thought and expression:)

> amazing, and you are co-president? OMG.
No, I am not, I've narrowly lost the election. Jerry and Gregory are
co-presidents.

> As far as I've seen this year, you will never get my vote again.
If I'd get a dollar each time I'm told by a Pirate "I'll never vote for
you" I'd be rich by now;)

Best regards,
Boris