[pp.int.general] Pirate support for Wikileaks

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 18:20:45 CET 2010

On 4 December 2010 12:17, Mikulas.Ferjencik <Mikulas.Ferjencik at seznam.cz>wrote:

> I would like to note, that PPI is not supposed to issue Press releases, so
> it is more appropriate to prepare a press release, which can separate PPs
> endorse. It would also be good to include what do respective PPs do to
> support wikileaks.

The Swedish Pirate Party and myself do not support Wikileaks as such, but
leaking and leaking services in general (including OpenLeaks, cryptome and
the newly formed Serbian project for leaks). We would like to see an
inclusive statement that considers the benefit over whistleblowers in
general, and not a specific service for this purpose.

Wikileaks can certainly be exemplified, but it is important that they do not
get to represent the entire leaking community, and especially that they do
not overshadow the brave men and women who make sure the leaks get out there
in the first place.

Amelia Andersdotter