[pp.int.general] Statement on the 7:th december

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 03:07:07 CET 2010

Dear fellow Pirates.

Tomorrow the Pirate Party in Södertälje will send out to roughly 150
individuals and local press here in Sweden, supporting the following
statement (the original version):

http://openpad.me/m9av1kOVgs

The statement is today translated into Swedish, English, Dutch,
Finish, Italian, Russian, Spanish, German, Portugues, French and
Catalan.

I will also send it to the local press and publish it on all social
forums in which I have an account. It's a tiny little voice we have,
but we will use it.

I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but I need to do it
anyway. It is probably not many days left now, until Julian is
captured and I think you know you are equally worried about what will
happen to the affected individuals after that. I wan't to make this
statement public before he is captured, since after that, its a
completely different kind of support they will be needing.

Let me be clear; our support goes out first of all to the
whiste-blowers (As Amelia righfully points out), but those persons are
not possible to reach out to, today. The human-rights of the
whistle-bowers will only be recognized if the concept of a transparent
government it recognized. Maybe not even then. We must never forget
them when stating our long term goals, but today the battle is on
other grounds. Maybe someone can create one of those counters on how
long "US private Bradley Manning has been jailed. For some 481 days 30
hour 34 minutes 21 sec" (I mean like the one that exists for Dawiit
Isaac, http://www.freedawit.com/aboutDawit).

Last, I wan't to be clear on that I dont represent the entire Swedish
Pirate Party, which I lack the mandate for. But I think this is the
right thing to do and I have the support from all my local
organisation. So, therefore we will do it. I hope that Rickard
Falkvinge and the other representatives of the Swedish Pirate Party
will support it aswell - in some form.

I hope all of you will support it. Don't be silent when it is time to speak.

/Erik