[pp.int.general] Canadian by-election results

Stephane Bakhos nuitari at pirateparty.ca
Mon Dec 6 19:48:38 CET 2010

We got 0.6%
The green got 0.7%

Voter turnout was a lamentable 30%

Usually the green, in a general election, will get around 8 or 9%, which
is comparable with the Bloc Quebecois.

But because we have a first past the post system with districts, the Bloc
Quebecois usually tends to get a bunch of seats as they are getting a lot
of votes in Quebec, but the green leave with nothing  as the vote is too
spread out through many districts.