[pp.int.general] Digital Rights Watch : 48 h of fill-in this week end !

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 20:00:55 CET 2010

Any way we can get EFF to help us with this?

Jay Emerson
Administrative Officer
Pirate Party of New York
On Dec 16, 2010 1:51 PM, "Yves Quemener" <yves.quemener at cosmo-platform.org>
wrote:

> Hello, fellow pirates,
>
> I think it is generally agreed that in order to fight international
lobbies in the legal arena it is necessary to have a good picture of the
legal subtleties of the various national legal context. Therefore, here is a
message that was posted on the hackerspaces.org mailing list

>> On the Free Culture Forum this year the idea sprung to make a database
>> of Digital Rights information per country. Out of this people from
>> amongst others immi.is and the piratpartiet.se setup
>> http://www.diriwa.org/ A wiki where people can add information on
>> countries and organisations they are knowledgeable about.
>

> It is not the first time such a database is being done and I think I
already saw similar initiatives but to my knowledge, none of them ever
reached the threshold of usability. Let's merge them together this week end
!

> Spread the word, a 48h legalese wiki-thon this week end will aim at
finally making this complete database that international activists need. For
that we need to have people from many countries helping, we need to find
these informations for every country :
> http://www.diriwa.org/wiki/CountryTemplate
>
> Some of them will be available at public english sources like wikipedia or
http://www.statewatch.org/index.php# but insightful remarks about
politicians position often require an inside point-of view.

> Let's do it as a christmas present to the pirate parties and digital
rights activists of the world !