[pp.int.general] How rape laws get abused

Pat Maechler v/o Valio pirate at valio.ch
Sat Dec 18 13:21:20 CET 2010

I think Michael Moore made an excellent summary, about the aspect of the
rape allegations against Julian Assange and the prosecution, which I
would like to mention on this list
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/dear-government-of-sweden

I especially like this quote from Katrin Axelsson:
There is a long tradition of the use of rape and sexual assault for
political agendas that have nothing to do with women's safety. [...]
Women don't take kindly to our demand for safety being misused, while
rape continues to be neglected at best or protected at worst.

-pat