[pp.int.general] SHOCKING NEWS: Accused WikiLeaks ally is being tortured!

Patrick Mächler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Sat Dec 18 13:50:43 CET 2010

According to some news articles that there shall be an ongoing
discussion in US circles whether Manning can accuse Assange of
instigating him, so that the US may prosecute Julian on this basis and
Manning gets a plea bargain. I highly doubt that this was the case, as
far as I understood the organization of Wikileaks (also way before
this whole public debate starting with the cables).

You may bear in mind that in medieval times torture on alleged witches
and their relatives was a common tool to get incriminating testimonies
from them. I personally say can't really elaborate in what way the
treatment of Manning as a non-convicted person is torture, but the
reports that are out about it are indeed shocking [2].

[1] http://wlcentral.org/node/646
[2] http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/16/bradley-manning-health-deteriorating

- pat