[pp.int.general] How rape laws get abused

Rodrigo dA rata_0071 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 04:33:47 CET 2010

You really should read Foucault's the abnormals about this, it explains in detail
how sexuality is increcently criminalize over the last centuries http://ndpr.nd.edu/review.cfm?id=1581

-rodrigo
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 03:34:25 +0100
From: nicco77 at gmail.com
To: rms at gnu.org; pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] How rape laws get abused

That's a new angle, yet a reason to why we have so high suicide rates besides the dark months.. Nahh, I kinda doubt most people makes such conclusions.
I found a interesting article that compares the laws in more detail then I did in The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/10/AR2010121002571.html

You may want to run a few articles through Google Translate to try to understand the debate in Sweden:http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/kulturdebatt/dags-att-prata-om-det
http://www.svd.se/kulturnoje/mer/kulturdebatt/vi-forlorar-pa-att-inte-tala_5816933.svd
I conclude it as the law is interpreted like if one of the parties thinks it was sexual assault / rape, it may go to court as word against word. It is assumed that the victim is a woman since she is from a traditional point of view weaker then the man and therefore more exposed to crimes. Therefore, she has a higher chance of getting the man convicted. It also read that false accusations have been prosecuted, but without mentioning the lack of resources to investigate such false accusations why I am inclined to think that falsely accused people of such crimes have a hard time trying to prove there possible innocent considering the proof burden is so low.

- Nicolas