[pp.int.general] About russian tracker

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 17:48:44 CET 2010

On 21.02.2010 09:42, Nicolas Sahlqvist wrote:
> Interesting, but the 2nd link to a article was unreachable and why are
> your clickable links linking to vkontakte.ru <http://vkontakte.ru>
> while that is not the URL I read in your e-mail?
There seemed to be some mix-up with the URLs, I'm presenting a corrected
version below.

> i however managed to sign the petition! ;)
Thanks:)

*18 of February *- Torrents.ru, Russia's largest torrent tracker, has
had its domain suspended by the domain registrar. The tracker moved to
rutracker.org <http://rutracker.org>
*18 of February, evening* - Creation of a petition addressed to
president Medvedev and premier Putin to stop the unlawful process of the
domain's suspension (http://girus.ru/petition/33/) [1]
*19 of February, morning *- The launch of a support community of
torrents.ru <http://torrents.ru>
*19 of February, 14:30-15:30* rutracker.org <http://rutracker.org> was
down, officially for technical reasons
*19 of February, daytime* - Media spreads information about the petition
(http://www.nr2.ru/policy/271102.html)
*19 of February, 16:00*- Publication of the official reason of the
closure
(http://bfm.ru/news/2010/02/19/skp-zakryl-torrents-ru-byl-zakryt-iz-za-moskvicha-pirata.html)
*19 of February, 17:00 *- When you visit 1С web-site it says "Service
Temporarily Unavailable".
*19 of February, 17:00-19:00 - * 1С.ru and ekinot.ru <http://ekinot.ru>
don't work thanks to torrents.ru <http://torrents.ru> users' and
supporters' DDoS attack.
*19 of February, daytime *- rutracker.org is on and off all the day,
most probably because of the sheer number of users trying to access the site

/Useful information/: 1c.ru <http://1c.ru> is the website of a large
software house that often complained about their works being pirated,
and ekinot.ru <http://ekinot.ru> is an "internet movie library". Both
came up as candidates to have tipped off and leaned on the prosecutor's
office to enforce a closure of torrents.ru <http://torrents.ru>
[1] As of today, over 11000 people have signed the petition, among them
schoolteachers, programmers, artists and just about any other profession
imaginable

Best regards,
Boris