[pp.int.general] Awarded "IT person of the year"

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Fri Feb 26 07:49:28 CET 2010

Yesterday, I was awarded the prestigious prize "IT Person of the Year"
by the collective industry organizations of the IT and Telecom
businesses, together with tech publishing house IDG and business
publisher "Veckans Affärer" (appx. "Business Weekly").

I think the jury were quite bold in selecting a party leader in an
election year as the person who the entire industry recognizes as a
leader of the IT and Telecoms industries.

Seeing how other parties are trying to profile themselves as IT
friendly, having this prize in the back is going to help quite a bit in
this fall's election campaigns.

Cheers,
Rick