[pp.int.general] US Pirate Party and Andrew Norton

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 16:08:09 CET 2010

And just to give some context, Mr "Tyler Durden" Is Actually Jeremy
Hammond, a convicted hacker and fraudster, who served time in Federal
Prison for stealing Credit Card information (5,000 numbers) from a
political protest group. He is currently on supervised release, and
while on said release, has been charged with a number of other crimes,
of which there are more details on his wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Hammond

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in not wanting such convicted and habitual
criminals associated with the pirate party, nor is the US party allowed
to do so, under it's constitution
(http://memwiki.pirate-party.us/index.php?title=Constitution#Article_9:_Acting_Within_the_Law_.26_Civil_Liberties)

This, as with many other of Jeremy's rantings are bordering on the
fantastical and show a sense of paranoia that threatens to run out of
control. They also, as is usual, bear little resemblance to the facts. A
prime example is this assertion "1: he had no authority to do so, as he
had resigned from the US Pirate Party and  PP-International". I was
asked to operate the election, by the then-administrator, Glenn Kerbien,
as he would be running, so as to have it run independently. Second, my
resignation
(http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2009-July/003598.html)
happened some days after the election.

Regardless, this vote of no confidence was witnessed by two seperate
international representatives, as was the second. The logs of both are
freely available. Under the constitution, that is the requirement, and
those are the restrictions on taking office. Mr Martin accepted those
restrictions the moment he accepted the office. That he has now decided
to ignore those restrictions, once they have worked against him says
volumes. Meanwhile, he is not answering or responding to phone calls,
emails, sms messages or any other form of communication (from any in the
party that have tried to contact him), and that says even more.

Andrew