[pp.int.general] wishing an active and great pirate year while thinking of a pirate party BiH

froatosebe valentina.pellizzer at oneworldsee.org
Tue Jan 5 11:38:54 CET 2010

Hi everybody,
My name is valentina but people/friends call me vale or val.
I live here in Bosnia Herzegovina (BiH) and together with some friends
are interested in creating a pirate party here.
Bosnia Herzegovina is going to have general parliamentary election this
year in October, the country is in a very difficult situation and
suffering heavily of etno-nationalism.
Since the local political options are more or less traditional, we were
thinking of bringing fresh air and some new perspective. The issues
promoted from the PPI party are here marginalized but we think they
could offer a clear platform for people that are willing to engage and
are tired of traditional party machines.

We are aware that any process take time and engagement, at the moment we
are talking with friend and exploring interest, we are also looking into
the national legislation to understand what are conditions and
requirement for establishing a party meanwhile we would like to
understand more about the process and procedure at the PPI.
h-vale

P.S. Regarding myself just few lines as background:
Currently I am coordinating a not for profit foundation oneworld –
platform for southeast europe www.oneworldsee.org an organization which
use ict (promoting FLOSS and openness) to enable civil society
collaboration and mutual learning in the Southeast europe region trough
online multimedia and multilingual platforms and with a community and a
network of civil society organization and groups.

In the last years I am particularly focused on evaluation and research
(GISWatch – Country report BiH 2007, 2008, 2009 and European Social
Watch – Country report BiH 2009), women & gender issues with a specific
reference on the intersection with ict (information and communication
technology).

I am an activist since ever and that's more or less all ... hoping it helps

--
valentina pellizzer
sarajevo - bosnia herzegovina

mail: froatosebe at gmail.com