[pp.int.general] privacy at customs on airports

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:16:19 CET 2010

On a related note, yesterday I went to sleep just after reading the
following shocking piece of news:
http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/01/05/2319256/Slovak-Police-Planted-Explosives-On-Air-Travelers

"Slovakian Police have planted explosives on 8 unsuspecting air
travelers. Seven were stopped by airport security, including one man
arrested and held upon arriving at a Dublin airport. Unbelievably, one
innocent traveler made it home with 90 grams of explosives, and had
his flat surrounded by the police and bomb squad."

I mean, how can they do such a thing with a straight face? They could
have died. A coat was enough for Jean Charles de Menezes to be shot
seven times in the head. And yet the reports into the shooting of an
innocent men found no members of the police guilty and security
measures in the UK have continued to become more invasive. These
people on the other hand were carrying explosives in an airport!

Testing of security systems? It sounds more like state terrorism to
me. If the goverment want to do a test of airport security systems
then fine but use someone who has agreed to do it. I hope those in
charge of this operation go to jail.

Regards,
    Eduardo Robles Elvira (member of PIRATA, Spain)

PD: Any Pirate Party in Slovenia?