[pp.int.general] PiratePad.net - Restriction to 16 Users?

Steffen Ortmann steffen.ortmann at pp-international.net
Wed Jan 6 23:46:47 CET 2010

The German version of piratepad.net offers you to use the "Pro"
features. AFAIK the 16 users limitation doesn't exist there.
You can find it at http://www.piratenpad.de/
For a normal pad click on "neues Pad" for a Pro account
click on "neues Team".

Regards
Steffen

2010/1/5 Daniel Mietchen <daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com>:
> Thanks to Ola and everyone involved with PiratePad - a very useful tool indeed.
>
> Daniel
>
> http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Benutzer:Daniel_Mietchen
>
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Ola Nystrom <olanys at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am involved with the hosting if piratepad.net and I will look into the pro
>> feature set in the next days. I hope to be able to enable the proversion for
>> free for all pirate parties out there.
>>
>> Contact me off list if you have suggestions and/or tips
>>
>> Regards
>> Ola Nyström
>> Swedish Pirate Party
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Gregory Engels
>> <Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not affiliated in any way with the hosters of piratepad.net,
>>> but the 16 collabarators limitation is the heritage from the
>>> etherpad business modell.
>>>
>>> You can fix it, by tweaking the source code or you could
>>> use the "pro" featured pad, wich does not have the 16 users
>>> limitation, and allowes to have access-controlled pads.
>>>
>>> unfortunately the "pro" feature is quite difficult to enable in the
>>> open source etherpad, it needs the ability to send mails,
>>> that is turned off by default.
>>>
>>> We (the Hesse branch of the PP-DE) have an etherpad-test vmware,
>>> and have tweaked the anonymous pads to 32 users, but it seems, that
>>> etherpad
>>> is quite a memory hogger and needs a lot of resources for
>>> big pads... (We use the pads for the realtime documentation
>>> of the open board meetings, this can hit the limit of 16 users
>>> quite easily)
>>>
>>> we plan to host it in our own environment, when we are done with the
>>> tweaking.
>>>
>>> best regards, Gregory
>>>

>>> On 25.12.2009, at 17:14, Jens-Wolfhard Schicke wrote:

>> --
>> Ola Nyström

regards,
Steffen Ortmann
Chief of social network and media team PPI
Stellv. Vorstandsvorsitzender PIRATEN Thüringen