[pp.int.general] Looking for a Declaration of Internet rights? Here goes.

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 02:07:00 CET 2010

Greetings everybody,

at the French Parti Pirate, we've been busy for (almost) a couple of
years now on an ambitious project: the Declaration of Internet Rights
(D.I.R.). It' a long shot and there's obviously quite some room for
improvement, but it's time for us to share our project with you guys.
It has also been discussed with other PPs (French-speaking PPs,
Canada, Ireland among others).
(Besides, Christian Engström has recently emphasized the need for an
international "Internet bill of rights", obviously unaware of the
project we'd been working on for months.)

Attached is the text (roughly) translated in English; you can also
download the PDF version on
http://partipirate.org/qui-sommes-nous/docs/DDI_Anglais_finale.pdf

Yeah, we know that we're kinda reinventing the wheel, there's already
apc.org, internautas.org and quite a few others. Nevertheless, we're
happy to share this with you guys.

Thanks for your attention. Happy reading!

Cheers,
Valentin